Abu Dhabi Art Fair
- Leila Heller Gallery: a Shiva Ahmadi barrel for $25,000 to a Middle Eastern collector; Liz Taylor series of prints that have attracted such attention. It was a gamble that paid off, as she sold several for $30,000 each.
- Galerie El-Marsa: a Rachid Koraichi for $125,000 to a new buyer in the region and artist Thameur Mejri’s My Best Friend is a Butcher goes to a government official for $15,000.
- Galerie Thaddeus Ropac: four Antony Gormley sculptures for between $200,000 and $300,000 each.
- Jemimah Patterson: “Last year one collector bought her entire offering of 10 pieces; Dr John Loy, an Abu Dhabi-based nuclear physicist, and his wife Annice, missed out then, but are determined not to for a second time. The couple snap up one of her works for about $5,000.”
- A piece called Historical Identity by Fatema Al Mazrouie garners $22,000;
- two photographic works by the Saudi artist Reem Al Faisal go for $14,000;
- Hassan Sharif fetches $41,000 for one of his works
- Faiza Mubarak sells Cubes for $25,000.
Relocated and reimagined: Abu Dhabi Art Fair’s emergence (The National)