The report is available to AMMpro subscribers. (The first month of AMMpro is free and subscribers are welcome to sign up for the first month and cancel before they are billed.)
Hauser & Wirth (Zurich, London, Somerset, Los Angeles, New York, St. Moritz, Hong Kong):
- Sold George Condo’s oil painting Distanced Figures (2020) for $2.2 million, John Chamberlain’s painted-and-stainless-steel sculpture SUPERSTARMARTINI (1999) for $1 million, Rashid Johnson’s oil on linen Anxious Red Painting July 8th 2020 for 675,000, Avery Singer’s Soda Gun (2020) for $425,000, and Simone Leigh’s bronze sculpture Sphinx (2020) for $400,000. Buyers also purchased works by Lorna Simpson, Mary Heilmann and Nicolas Party for prices between $300,000–$350,000.
David Zwirner (New York, London, Paris, Hong Kong)
- Sold Ruth Asawa’s hanging wire sculpture Untitled (S.786, Hanging Two-Sectioned, Open-Window Form), ca. 1954–58, for $2.5 million; Yayoi Kusama’s sculpture Flowers That Bloom at Midnight (2009) for $1.8 million; Joan Mitchell’s multi-colored abstraction Untitled (ca. 1956), for $1.2 million; Bridget Riley’s painting Intervals 4 (2019) for $1.2 million; Lisa Yuskavage’s painting Photoshoot (2020) for $900,000; and Alice Neel’s painting Aaron Kramer (1958) for $750,000. The gallery also sold works by Carol Bove, Josh Smith, Njideka Akunyili Crosby, Noah Davis, and Ad Reinhardt.
Kasmin (New York):
- Sold a David Hockney ink-on-paper work, Gregory, Hot Springs Arkansas (1976), for a six-figure sum; a 2020 Ian Davenport aluminum panel work, titled Purple and Blue Study (After Bonnard), from 2020, went for $85,000; Jane Freilicher’s painting Misty Pond (1969) sold for $70,000; James Nares’s oil-on-linen Vroom (2020) went for $100,000, and Bernar Venet’s Indeterminate Line (2020) was purchased for $85,000.
Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac:
- Sold Jules de Balincourt’s Take Us With You (2020) for $150,000 to an Asia-based collector; Bjarne Melgaard’s painting A Damaged Man (2020) for €14,000; Jack Pierson’s Roses Eros (1993) for $100,000 to a European collection; an untitled Robert Rauschenberg work on paper from 1969 for $450,000 to an Asia-based collector; David Salle’s Thinking, Looking (2020) for $300,000 to an Asia-based collector; and Alex Katz’s oil on linen Reflection (2020) for $650,000 to a private collection in Germany.
Philip Martin Gallery (Los Angeles):
- Sold eight photographs (in multiple sizes) by Kwame Brathwaite for prices between $4,000 and $12,000; three paintings by Tomory Dodge for prices between $25,000–$80,000, three paintings by Kristy Luck for prices around $9,500; two paintings by Pamela Jorden for $12,500–$18,000, and a Holly Coulis for $15,000.
Kohn Gallery (Los Angeles):
- Sold a large-scale painting by Caroline Kent to a major U.S. institution for a price of $28,000 and an Ilana Savdie work to a U.S. private museum for $18,500; two paintings by Heidi Hahn, one to a foundation in Europe and another to a major private collection in the U.S. each for $16,500, and works by Kate Barbee, Sophia Narrett and William Brickel for priced between $9,500-$20,000.
Roberts Projects (Los Angeles):
- Sold works from Otis Kwame Kye Quaicoe’s new series “Black Cowboy” with notable institutions and collections at prices ranging from $10,000–$50,000; sold paintings by Amoako Boafo, Wangari Mathenge, Kehinde Wiley, and Dominic Chambers.
Francois Ghebaly (Los Angeles):
- Works sold include two sculptures by Kelly Akashi priced at $35,000 and $26,000, a work by Neïl Beloufa priced €35,000, several sharif Sharif Farrag sculptures priced from $5,000 to $12,000, a set of Sayre Gomez paintings priced from $10,000 to $120,000, a painting by Cindy Ji Hye Kim priced at $11,000, Candice Lin new paintings priced from $8,000 to $12,000, and both works by Cassi Namoda priced at $16,000 and $22,000.
Canada (New York):
- Sold Katherine Bradford’s View from Below,2020 for $65,000, Jason Fox’s October 2020 for $30,000, Katherine Bernhardt’s Thumb’s Down, 2020 for $65,000, and Rachel Eulena Williams’s Sealed by Fire, 2020 for $9,500.
Xavier Hufkens (Brussels):
- Sold Roni Horn’s This is Me, This is You for $750,000; Thomas Houseago’s Golden Skull – Transition (Metamorphis) for $350,000; Nicolas Party’s Landscape for $250,000; Zhang Enli’s A Writer for $220,000, and a work by Tracey Emin and Sterling Ruby’s for prices between $55,000–$85,000.
Anthony Meier (New York):
- Sold several works by Rosie Lee Tompkins and John Chamberlin for prices in the range of $100,000–$400,000.
Lehmann Maupin (New York):
- Sold McArthur Binion’s Modern:Ancient:Brown (2020), for a price in the range of £100,000 to £250,000 ($130,000 to $326,000).
Timothy Taylor Gallery (London):
- Sold works by Daniel Crews-Chubb, Hilary Pecis, Annie Morris and Honor Titus to collectors in the U.S. and abroad at prices between $11,500 to £65,000 ($87,000).
Steven Zevitas Gallery (Boston):
- Sold Rona Pondick’s Untitled Shoe (1995) for prices between $65,000 and Mouth Mouth #7 (1993) for $16,000.
Bergamin & Gomide (São Paulo):
- Sold Jac Leirner’s Adhesive 36 for $85,000 and Martin Kippenberger’s Untitled (1986) for $35,000
Peter Blum Gallery (New York):
- Sold Alex Katz’s ‘Sinead’, 2017 for a price in the range of $75,000-100,000.
Casa Triângulo (São Paulo):
- Sold Mariana Palma’s Untitled (2020)oil and acrylic on canvas for $40,000; Alex Cerveny’s By the rivers of Babylon (2020) for $9,000 and Ipanema era só felicidade (2020) for 9,000
David Castillo Gallery (Miami):
- Sold Xaviera Simmons Vessel (2020) for $75,000; Vaughn Spann’s Chapel Painting (2020) for a price in the range of $45,000-50,000 to Carlos & Rosa de la Cruz in Miami
James Cohan Gallery (New York):
- Sold Yinka Shinobare, CBE’s Fiberglass mannequin, Dutch wax printed cotton textile, globe, brass, steel baseplate, antique water jug Water Kid (Girl), 2020, for £135,000 to a private collector in the US; an untitled Elias Sime panel from 2020 for $75,000 to a private collector in the US; Mernet Larson’s Down (after El Lissitzky), 2012 for $75,000 to a private institution in China; Spencer Finch’s Color Notes (Autumn) 2019, II from 2020 for $60,000 to a private institution in the US; Eamon Ore-Giron’s Infinite Regress CXXXVIII i (2020) for $45,000 to a private collection in the US; Trenton Doyle Hancock’s Step and Screw: The Approach (2020) for $38,000 to a private institution in the US; Kathy Butterly’s clay and glaze Blue (2020) for $30,000 to a private institution in the US, Elevate (2020) for $30,000 to a private collector in the US and Deeply Spaced (2020) for $30,000; Mernet Larsen’s Disagreement (2011) for $30,000 to a private collector in the US
Peter Freeman, Inc. (New York):
- Sold paintings three paintings by Mel Bochner, Ha Ha (2020), Fat Head (2020) and Shit for Brains (2020) each for $30,000 and another, Cezanne Said (2016), for $125,000
Galerie Max Hetzler (Berlin, Paris, London):
- Sold Walton Ford’s MORGUNDÖGG, 2020 work on paper for a price in excess of USD 1 million; Glenn Brown’s Olympus Mons, 2020 for $425,000; Giulia Andreani’s Dribbling (2020) for €30,000; André Butzer’s Untitled, 2020 for €10,000; Tursic & Mille’s Jeune fille délivrant son oiseau de sa cage, 2020, for €10,000.
Karma (New York):
- Sold Matthew Wong’s Distance (2016) for $475,000; Nicolas Party’s Trees (2020) $52,000; Keith Mayerson’s LeBron Dunk over Garnett (2017) for $40,000; Tabboo! Spring 2020 (2020) for $20,000.
Lisson Gallery (London, New York, Shanghai):
- Sold a structure by Carmen Herrera for $650,000; Stanley Whitney’s Night Cafe Deux, 2020 for $500,000 to a museum in Asia; painting by Jason Martin Sold for £55,000; A painting by Van Hanos sold for $12,000.
- Sold Ebony G. Patterson’s they wondered what to do…for those who bear/bare witness (2018) for $75,000; Candida Alvarez Licking a red rose (2020) for $50,000; two paintings by Maia Cruz Palileo for prices between $30,000-$38,000; two paintings by David Antonio Cruz each for $25,000.
Morán Morán (Los Angeles)
- A Torey Thornton 2020 Acrylic paint on wood panel for $50,000 to a collection in Taiwan; Tunji Adeniyi-Jones’s Red Ancestor III, 2020 for a price in the range of $20,000-40,000 to a New York museum trustee; Chelsea Culprit’s Stardust Under Duress, 2020 for price in the range of USD 10,000 to 20,000 to a collector in Mexico
P.P.O.W. (New York):
- Robin F. Williams’s Out Witch (Study), 2020 Pastel on paper for USD 30,000; Kyle Dunn’s Street Lights, 2020 Acrylic on wooden panel Sold for USD 16,000; Chiffon Thomas’s Case, 2020 for USD 15,500; Elizabeth Glaessner Hoof Love, 2020 for $15,000; Ann Agee’s Madonna with Girl Child, Yellow Dress, and Slippers, 2020 for $7,500
Regen Projects (Los Angeles)
- Glenn Ligon StudyforDebrisField#29, 2018 Sold for USD 225,000; Jack Pierson HERE AND NOW, 2020 Sold for USD 200,000; Daniel Richter’s Hasparanda (Tyska 3), 2020 Sold for EUR 200,000; Christina Quarles GetLifted, 2020 Sold for USD 175,000; Kader Attia MirrorMask, 2020 Sold for EUR 70,000; Silke Otto-Knapp’s Group (Svadebka), 2020 Sold for USD 50,000
Galeria Nara Roesler (Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, New York):
- Sold Vik Muniz’s Surfaces: Still life with stone, after Pablo Picasso, 2020 Sold for USD 60,000
Jessica Silverman Gallery (San Francisco):
- Sold Rose B. Simpson’s The Remembering, 2020 Sold for USD 55,000 to a collector in Canada; Andrea Bowers’s May the Last Tree Take Me Down, Last Line of “A Greater Silence” by Deena Metzger from Her Book of Poems Burden of Light, 2019 (Ecofeminist Sycamore Branch Series), 2020 for $38,000 to a collector in the US; Conrad Egyir’s Grand Prelude, A Song for Four, 2020 Sold for USD 28,000 to a collector in Beirut; Luke Butler’s A Color Picture, 2020 for USD 28,000 to a collector in the US