The report is available to AMMpro subscribers. (The first month of AMMpro is free and subscribers are welcome to sign up for the first month and cancel before they are billed.)
Hauser & Wirth:
- Sold Mark Bradford‘s painting, Q7 (2020) for $3.5 million, Jack Whitten’s 1971, Russian Speedway, for $2.5 million, George Condo painting for $1.85 million, a new Rashid Johnson painting for $850,000, a Günther Förg painting from 1989 for €350,000 ($414,000), a new Rita Ackermann canvas for $350,000, an Isa Genzken sculpture from 2018 for €250,000 ($296,000), and a recent ceramic work by Simone Leigh for $250,000.
- Sold Vaughn Spann’s Laurel Canyon (Saguaro), 2020, mixed media canvas, in the range of $45,000-55,000; Genesis Tramaine’s painting Good Night Black Bird (2020), in the range of $25,000-35,000, and Haley Josephs’s oil on linen painting, Puberty Blues (2020) in the range between $15,000-25,000.
Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac:
- Sold a double portrait by Alex Katz, Vincent and Vivien (2016), to a collector in France for $650,000, and a mixed-media work by Imi Knoebel, Prinz Igor in C (2005), for €190,000 ($225,000).
- Sold a Haas Brothers work for $55,000, a Sanford Biggers for $45,000, and an Allison Janae Hamilton for $12,000.
- Sold William Kentridge’s Cursive (2020), an installation featuring 40 bronze sculptures for $600,000.
Timothy Taylor Gallery:
- Sold several sculptures by Kiki Smith ranging in prices from $18,000–$25,000 to American and European collectors.
- Sold Yinka Shonibare’s fiberglass sculpture Borghese Gladiator (2020) to a private Midwest institution for £150,000 ($194,000). Alison Elizabeth Taylor’s Rockshop (2020) went to a private East Coast institution for $60,000, Simon Evans Eamon’s Savings (2019) sold for $45,000 to private collector in the Northwestern United States. Ore-Giron’s Infinite Regress CXXXIX (2020) sold for $45,000 went to a West Coast collection. Fred Tomaselli’s June 1, 2020 sold for $25,000 to an East Coast collector.
- Sold a painting by Tracey Emin priced at $420,000, a Thomas Houseago sculpture priced at $375,000, a Huma Bhabha sculpture priced at $140,000 and collage at $20,000, and a painting by Sterling Ruby for $125,000.
- Sold new works by Neo Rauch, Oscar Murillo, and Lisa Yuskavage for prices ranging from $150,000 to $350,000.
Tanya Bonakdar Gallery:
- Sold works by Olafur Eliasson ranging from €12,000 to €135,000 ($14,000 to $159,000), and a Sarah Sze painting for $85,000.
- Sold McArthur Binion’s Modern:Ancient:Brown (2020), for a price in the range of £100,000 to £250,000 ($130,000 to $326,000).
Tina Kim Gallery:
- Sold Conjunction 20-53 (2020), a new work by South Korean artist Ha Chong-hyun for $130,000.
- Sold a painted bronze sculpture by Rebecca Warren, DD II (2018), for £80,000 ($104,000), and a Gillian Wearing painting, Untitled (Lockdown Portrait), 2020, for £38,000 ($50,000).
- Sold a large Loie Hollowell painting to a British art foundation for $150,000, an Elias Sime sculpture for $75,000, two floral still lifes by Matthew Day Jackson for $70,000 apiece, and a print by Claudia Martínez Garay (a member of the 2020 Artsy Vanguard) for €4,500 ($5,300).
- Sold at least six of Laure Prouvost’s new painting diptychs, priced at €35,000 ($41,000) each.
Galerie Max Hetzler:
- Sold two paintings by André Butzer for €40,000 and €85,000 ($47,000 and $100,000), Giulia Andreani’s large painting Résidente (Allégorie de la musique) (2019) for €30,000 ($35,000), and new paintings by Jeremy Demester and Raphaela Simon for €20,000 ($24,000) and €14,000 ($17,000).
Richard Saltoun Gallery:
- Sold works by Everlyn Nicodemus, Renate Bertlmann, and Marinella Senatore for prices ranging from £10,000 to £50,000 ($13,000 to $65,000).
- Sold two new paintings by Julia Haller for €9,000 and €5,500 ($11,000 and $7,000).
Union Pacific, London:
- Sold four works by Koak for prices ranging from £1,600 to £6,200 ($2,000 to $8,000), six paintings by Ulala Imai for prices between $1,000 and $2,200, and two paintings by Jan Kiefer for £3,500 ($4,500).
Instituto de Visión, Bogotá:
- Sold five works on paper by Abel Rodríguez for prices ranging from $5,000 to $5,500.