The 2019 edition of Master Drawings New York ended a few weeks ago. These sales were announced today:
- Aubert-Henri-Joseph Parent (1753-1835) Switzerland, 1794; The Wettin Still-Life: Carved panel relief still life with a bird and a vase containing roses,lilacs, daisies and ranunculi, resting on a ledge bearing the arms of the House of Wettin; Limewood 27.5 cm (10 3⁄4 in.) high, excluding frame; SIGNED AND DATED ‘A.T PARENT. F. 1794.’ (lower edge)
Christopher Bishop Fine Art:
- sold an important German drawing attributed to Cosmas Damian Asam (German 1686- 1739), Design for a Ceiling with Stories from the Life of the Magdalen, c. 1730 (396 x 296 mm), which is going back to Germany. The drawing, in red chalk, watercolor, grey and blue gouache highlighted in white, was intended for the ceiling of a German Baroque Church and has four scenes from the life and story of Mary Magdalen.
- sold Paul-Cesar Helleu’s (1859-1927) A Young Woman Seated at a Table in the region of $80,000
- Helen Frankenthaler’s (1928-2011) Untitled in the region of $130,000
- Piet Mondrian’s (1872-1944) Three Flower Blossoms, One a Chrysanthemum in the region of $300,000
- Lorenzo Lippi’s (1606-1664) Study of a Seated Nude Girl in the region of $48,000