We’ve opened the AMM Fantasy game for the May sales sponsored by Sotheby’s. We’ve selected nearly 100 lots from the sales worth more than $1bn in aggregate low estimate. You get a budget of $350m to choose the works that you believe will sell the best.
The top five collections based upon hammer price will split $3000 in cash prizes. The game is free to enter. Follow our scoreboard during the sales each day to see how you’re collection is doing against the competition.
(Please Be Aware: If you registered for the Rockefeller auctions game, you will need to re-register for the May sales game. The user credentials don’t sync across the games for now. If you played a previous edition of the game, your username and password will be recognized. We apologize for any inconvenience.)
Register and choose a username. (Remember: the username will be publicly visible on the scoreboard.)
- You have a budget to “buy” your collection. You are buying the works at the low estimate. (The estimates provided here are for the purposes of the game only. Some lots remain “estimate upon request.”)
- Select as many works as fit into your budget, in any combination that you like. Just don’t exceed the budget. You can concentrate your budget on some very valuable works or spread it among a number of cheaper works. (You don’t have to use the entire budget but it usually helps to be fully ‘invested.’)
- You may change your selections up until an hour before the first auction (May 14 at 6pm EDT or 14 May 2200 UTC.)
- As the auctions take place, we’ll calculate what your collection is “worth” based upon the hammer prices. The collection that is “worth” the most at the end wins. (Works that sell to an irrevocable bid are scored with the hammer price. Guaranteed works that are bought in or sold to a 3rd party guarantor without bidding in the auction are scored as works that do not sell. Withdrawn lots will also be scored as works that do not sell.)
- The top five collections will split $3000 in cash prizes. $1000 for 1st; $800 for 2nd; $600 for 3rd; $400 for 4th; and $200 for 5th.
- Invite your friends to participate.