Artsy has Nate Freeman on the never-ending art fair beat. Here are the sales he reported from the recent fair.
Paul Kasmin Gallery
- Milton Avery’s Adolescents by the Sea (1947) sold for $375,000
- Lee Krasner’s Water No. 18, a gouache on paper work from 1969, sold for $225,000
Simon Lee Gallery
- sold several works by Claudio Parmiggiani, including a few made specifically for Dallas. Two works involving taxidermied butterflies sold for €40,000 (roughly $49,300), and a work that incorporates soot on canvas, covered by a unique plexiglass case, sold for €65,000 (nearly $80,200).
- sold a work by Paola Pivi for $68,250
- a work by Josh Sperling for $22,000
- a Mel Ziegler for $15,000.
- sold one of Keith Mayerson’s Batman and Robin canvases to, curiously, a collector of Batman paraphernalia. The price tag was $35,000
What Sold at Dallas Art Fair (Artsy)