Heritage Auctions announces a new sale of Modern & Contemporary art in Los Angeles to be held on November 30th featuring these works:
- Fernando Botero’s 1967 Un Abogado (est. $200,000-300,000) 35-1/2 inches high by 34-1/4 inches wide.
- Pablo Picasso’s 1962 Scène de Tauromachie (est. $100,000-150,000) is of ink, wash and chalk on paper, measures 13 inches high by 20-1/4 inches wide and is signed
- Wayne Thiebaud’s 2008 Three Cake Slices (est. $100,000-150,000) is a watercolor and brush with black ink on paper that measures 11-1/4 inches high by 9-1/8 inches wide and is signed and dated
- Duane Hanson’s 1983 Baby in Carriage (est. $80,000-120,000) creates a stir, as some assume it is a live child left unattended
- Two 2007 versions of KAWS’ Companion one grey and one brown each carry a pre-auction estimate of $15,000-25,000. These painted cast vinyl figures are stamped “©KAWS..07” under the right foot and “Medicom Toy / 2007 / Made in China” under the left foot.”