- sold the large 1984 Robert Rauschenberg acrylic and silk-screen “Bumper” to an Austrian collector for 1 million euros
- Nicholas Party's pastel double portrait, “Two men with a cat,” which sold to an American collector for €30,000
- sold two works each above the million-euro mark, Ai Weiwei’s Iron Tree Trunk (2015) and Albert Oehlen’s Rock (2009), sold to private collectors in France.
- works by Toby Ziegler and Jeff Elrod, which had sold to collectors from Britain and Scandinavia
- Ernesto Neto’s animal nature (2013) with a French collector on opening day for a six-figure sum.
- sold a photograph from Cindy Sherman’s latest series (Untitled, 2016) to a European collection for $375,000
- an untitled painting from 2015 by Cyprien Gaillard to a European collection for €140,000
- Karen Kilimnik’s fantasy portrait the fop in Scotland (2015) to a U.S. collection for $110,000
- Kaari Upson’s wall-hung sculpture Six Pack/Home Depot Bucket (2016) to a Middle Eastern collection for $45,000
- four paintings by Angel Otero—Immediate Worlds (2016); Bestiary (2016); Sacred Chaos (2016); Teatro (2015)—on the range of $50,000 to $125,000.
- Susan Hiller’s Secret Wars 1984–87 (1984), a rare painting that went to a European collection for £60,000
- two works by the Kim Yong-Ik (all Untitled 1990–2016; around $100,000) had sold to museums in Europe and the U.S. with a third on reserve
- a work from Ha Chong-Hyun’s “Conjunction” series for around $170,000–200,000 to a private collector in Europe
- sold Jean-Pascal Flavien’s Model / Mask 2 (2016), reminiscent of the artist’s “Folding House” series built in the museum of Monaco, for €14,000 excluding VAT
- sold Danh Vō’s giant copper sculpture We The People (detail) (2011–2013) for around €250,000
- sold two works from Daniel Knorr’s 2016 “Depression Elevation” series for €15,000 and €39,000, as well as the artist’s copper sculpture, Reconstruction (2016), for €10,000 excluding VAT
- Walter Swennen’s Trop Mots (2016) sold to a Portuguese collector for €30,000
- Michal Budny’s Ascension (2013) went to French collector for €22,600
Sign up to Art Market Monitor Premium today
You need a membership to AMMpro to view this article and other exclusive content daily.
You can register today for $90 per month—with your first month free!—or for $756 per year (no free trial period.)
If you already have an account, sign in here: