Canadian art advisor and Artsy director of special projects, Elena Soboleva gives a short course in taking art selfies to Canadian Art.
Elena’s art selfies are always arresting (though clearly she’s not the one taking the picture.) Here are her tips, click through to read the explanations for each one:
Elena Soboleva’s Instagram Tips
1. Avoid over-processed filters.
2. More spectacular and grandiose works translate into better Instagram images.
3. Don’t use a flash.
4. Try to match your clothing to the artwork.
5. If you’re in the photograph’s frame, make it purposeful.
6. Consider bringing a patient photographer.
7. Build a consistent brand.
8. Be sparing with hashtags and smart with geo-tags.
9. Remember that Instagram should be timely.
10. Avoid crowds.