ArtRio opens September 11th with 99 galleries from 15 countries, including Brazil. Johnannes Vogt, David Zwirner, Victoria Miro, White Cube, Bischoff Projects, A Gentil Carioca, Galeria da Gávea, Mendes Wood DM and Arte 57 will all be there. Plus, the fair will host these events:
– SOLO, curated for the fourth year by Julieta Gonzalez and Pablo León de la Barra, will explore the materiality of concrete with contemporary and historical works; and LUPA, curated for the second year by Abaseh Mirvali, will assemble monumental or large-scale works.
– The Premio Foco Bradesco booth, including a selection of young Brazilian artists.
– Vista, a program for young galleries from around the world.
– ArtRio Talks; this year’s theme is “collecting”.
– This year, the galleries were very well selected to make a fair with high quality works by a mix of Brazilian and international artists.