Artnet seems to have released a report based upon its price database, though the news story on artnet provides no link to where one might acquire the report, that says sales in 2014 are up 19% over the same period in 2013.
The US, in this period, had the highest portion of the art market’s value (33%) on a smaller portion of sales volume (19%.) The numbers show little increase in sales volume while the value of works shot up a dramatic 27% in the US.
Here are Artnet’s top 10 artists for the first half of 2014:
- Picasso ($345.8 million)
- Andy Warhol ($299.2 million)
- Francis Bacon ($236.5 million)
- Monet ($177.6 million)
- Qi Baishi ($168.9 million)
- Gerhard Richter ($159.2 million)
- Mark Rothko ($146.4 million)
- Jean-Michel Basquiat ($131.9 million)
- Alberto Giacometti ($115.7 million)
- Zhang Daqian ($115.5 million).
artnet Data Shows Global Art Market Boom Continues (artnet News)