The New York Times explains about the second collection of Gurlitt works that are now being examined by authorities:
Some 60 works of art including pictures by Monet, Picasso and Renoir, belonging to Cornelius Gurlitt, the elderly son of a Nazi-era art dealer, have been removed from his home in Salzburg, Austria, to ensure their safety, his spokesman said Tuesday. […]
“Cornelius Gurlitt has ordered experts to examine these works on suspicion of having been looted,” the spokesman, Stephan Holzinger, said. That does not appear to be the case, based on an initial assessment, he added.
Removal of the works from the Salzburg home was ordered by Mr. Gurlitt’s legal guardian, Christoph Edel, Mr. Holzinger said in a statement. The German authorities last year appointed a guardian to help the 81-year-old handle the complex legal questions that have come up surrounding his collection.
Artworks Removed From Austria Home of German Who Holds Huge Trove (ArtsBeat/NYTimes)