Gallerist NY has a great story about Marc Spiegler laying down the law in Miami Beach. The ABMB director has asked the auction houses to honor the fair by refraining from these practices:
· Promoting works that have been consigned to their house, either for private-treaty or auction sale, as an alternative to buying works at the show;
· Using ipads or similar devices on the show floor to promote works for sale by the auction house;
· Interrupting gallerists during conversation with collectors;
· Disparaging works for sale in terms of quality or price;
· Initiating contacts with clients inside the booth and then leading clients outside of the gallery booth.