Georgina Adam reports on the Abu Dhabi Art Fair which is an elaborate event that amounts to a public showing for the royal family. They, in turn, are expected to donate works to the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi which also announced a few works that have been acquired so far:
- a ripped poster work by Jacques Villeglé
- a major installation by Algerian Rachid Koraïchi
- a mirrored sculpture by Iranian artist Monir Farmanfarmaian
- a glass chandelier by Ai Weiwei
- a “tapestry” by African artist El Anatsui
- a sculpture by Indian artist Subodh Gupta.
The Art Market: Shiny Happy Dealing People (Financial Times)