We would like to take a brief moment to thank this month’s sponsors. These are the organizations and companies that keep us publishing, so be sure to check them out!
- ArtPrize – Part art competition, part social experiment that awards $560,000 total in prizes; registration through May 24.
- Pulse Art Fair – Pulse New York runs May 3–6, 2012, at The Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 West 18th Street, New York.
- BAMart Silent Auction – Auction featuring over 100 artworks, with proceeds to benefit the Brooklyn Academy of Music and its programs
- Saatchi Online – Online gallery that connects artists and art lovers directly: discover art, get discovered.
- Dumbo Arts Festival – Brooklyn’s biggest arts event takes over Brooklyn’s waterfront with visual arts, music, and literature on 9/28-30.
- Norte Maar – Community-building nonprofit organization with an emphasis on collaborative projects
- UncommonGoods – Cool and unusual gifts for any occasion.
- Adam Lindemann – Follow what the New York Observer columnist is seeing and reading at his site.
- Storefront Bushwick – Bushwick gallery currently featuring artists Carol Salmanson and Stephen Traux
- Unnamed Broadway Musical: The Musical! – An experimental, legally questionable restaging of an orphan-themed Broadway musical, at EFA Project Space
- Pernod Art & Absinthe Guide – A handy mobile app that lists galleries, events and bars serving Pernod in Brooklyn
- Artspan – Contemporary art destination and service providing totally customizable artist websites
- FIT Art Market MA Program – The group exhibition “No Other Medicine” is now on view at NY Studio Gallery through May 19
- “Oh hey. What’s going on?” – a project by artist Jesus Benavente
- Art Systems – Professional art gallery, antiques and collections management software
- Tyler Summer Painting & Sculpture Intensives – 7-week immersion program for artists interested in developing their work in a challenging and supportive environment
- 950 Hart Gallery – The Lowbrow Society Smut! Show, a public celebration of private affairs, May 4–5.
- Claremont Graduate University MFA – A highly focused graduate-only studio-art program
If you are interested in advertising on Art Market Monitor, please get in touch with Nectar Ads, the Art Ad Network.