Georgina Adam was one of the star attractions at Art Dubai. While she was there, a little reporting on sales was done too:
- Beirut-based gallery The Running Horse selling 14 works by Alfred Tarazi (prices from $2,000 to $12,000).
- London-New Delhi partnership Grosvenor Vadehra sold Syed Sadequain’s Couple in an Entrance, 1958, for $200,000
- Paris-based Nathalie Obadia clocked up ten sales in the first two days, including Joana Vasconcelos’s bright felt wall-sculpture Montmartre, 2011, for $92,500.
At Design Days Dubai,
- Carpenters Workshop, who reported placing Random International’s light piece, Swarm, 2011, for $210,000, as well as a raft of other sales.
- Seomi only sold one work—Myung Sun Kang’s Mermaid Stool, 2011, for $55,000.
Art Dubai Keeps Strong Regional Identity (The Art Newspaper)