A few more sales from GalleristNY and Georgina Adam in the Financial Times:
- James Cohan Gallery: $500,000 Fred Tomaselli “within the first hour of the fair.” The five-foot-by-five-foot psychedelic image of an owl—made of photo collage, acrylic and resin on wood panel—now belongs to an American collector.
- Marianne Boesky: ceramics by William J. O’Brien, most priced between $6,000 and $12,000.
- Galerie Gmurzynska had red dots next to a circa 1970 Chagall oil and a choice black Lucio Fontana “cut” painting from 1960.
- Hauser & Wirth: “MM … Food” (2011), by Rashid Johnson, which sold for $75,000 (along with four sister works)
- Rapper P Diddy bought a Tracey Emin neon for £45,000 at Lehmann Maupin, while Lisson gallery celebrated selling a remarkable 14 works on the opening day alone.
Sales, Speculation and a Ghost at Art Basel Miami Beach (Gallerist NY)
Glitz and Pieces (Financial Times)