The Lester’s Palm Beach art fair–American International Fine Arts Fair–just closed. The Miami Examiner reports that 42,500 visitors came to the fair with these sales reported:
- Waterhouse & Dodd sold a Renoir watercolor for $100,000 and an oil painting by French painter Albert Gleizes for approximately $1M in addition to six other works.
- Richard Green of London reported sales of six paintings reaching the multimillion levels.
- Arms & armor dealer Peter Finer also reported a multimillion dollar sales total.
- Brassner Fine Art sold a Botero for $190,000 as well as a Childe Hassam for approximately $1M.
- Todd Merrill 20th Century Design had a very successful fair selling a Harvey Probber sofa for $50,000, a glazed “Dango” sculpture by Jun Kaneko for $45,000, a pair of Vladimir Kagan chairs with a matching ottoman for $35,000, in addition to a pair of Paul Evans chairs for $15,000 and a pair of James Mont lamps for $18,000.
- Mark Borghi Fine Art sold six artworks including artwork by Andy Warhol, John Chamberlain and Elaine de Kooning.