Only five of the 59 lots offered tonight were bought in leaving sell-through rate of 91.5% on the £44,359,900 in sales.
- Over 56% of the sold lots tonight achieved prices at or above their estimate
- The average sold lot value for this evening’s sale is £821,479 / $1,315,763.
- Buyers from 12 countries participated in this evening’s sale.
- Of the lots sold: 28% went to North America; 11% to Asia; 51% to the UK and the rest of Europe and 11% to the rest of the world.
- 8 works for over £1 million, and 23 for over $1 million, bringing the total number of Contemporary artworks sold so far this season at Sotheby’s for over £1 million to 17, and the number of works sold for over $1 million to 33.
- The total so far, with our Day Sale still to come, for Contemporary Art sold this series to £88,022,550 / $138,728,359 / €104,465,529 – well above the combined pre-sale estimate of £56-78 million