The opening night sales from Art Miami were released by their PR firm today:
- seven large prints from Chinese artist, Alex Guofeng Cao, of New York based ChinaSquare Gallery with prices ranging from $7,000 ‐ $15,000.
- Michael Goedhuis sold a Wei Ligang ink painting for $185,000 to Wu Qing, one of the most important collectors in China.
- Evelyn Aimis Fine Art sold a Jaume Plensa sculpture for $135,000
- McCormick Gallery / Vincent Vallarino Fine Art sold a John Little abstract painting for $100,000.
- Munich based dealer Gallery Terminus sold a sculpture from Anish Kapoor for $220,000 and two pieces from emerging artist Jan Davidoff for $12,000 and $3,500 respectively.
- William Shearburn Gallery sold a Robert Kelly for $45,000.
- Mark Borghi Fine Art sold a Warhol Mao painting for $85,000 and a Basquiat drawing for $85,000.
- Greg Kucera Gallery Inc. sold a Deborah Butterfield “All Ball” sculpture for $115,000.
- Erwin Wurm’s Fast Car from Rudolf Budja Gallery was quickly claimed, as well as a unique Andy Warhol Mao, that was originally a gift from Warhol to artist Julian Schnabel.
- Leonhard Ruethmueller sold Kim Win Yang’s Moment/Mask for $24,000 – this was the artist’s debut in the United States. The same gallery sold a Salustiano Sevilla painting for $42,000, and two Richard Pettibones, Marilyn and Flower, from the 1960s.
- Baltimore dealer, C. Grimaldis Gallery sold four works by artist Chul‐Hyun Ahn totaling $110,000. The entire inventory of 30 light sculptures from the artist was sold out at Art Miami last year.
The opening night was well attended by the art world:
Dennis and Debra Scholl, Marvin Ross Friedman and his wife Adrian Bon Haes, Ted and Ruth Baum, Mitchell “Micky” Wolfson, Jr., Michelle Oka Doner, Debbie Braman Wechsler and Jeff Wechsler, Carol Damian, Don Sanders, Rosa Sugranes, Sheila Elias Kaplan, Michael and Kim McCarty, Constantin Gorges, Martin and Constance Margulies, Josh Baer, artists Xavier Cortada, Michael Dwek, Lucien Clergue.
We will leave it to you to figure out which of those named below bought the works named above.