Judd Tully has more sales from Art Basel
Blum & Poe
- Takashi Murakami’s 2010 acrylic on canvas Korin Dokuro, which sold for $550,000, and a 2009 Murakami diptych representing a reprise on canvas of his famed, randy sculpture duo My Lonesome Cowboy and Hiropon
- two Carroll Dunham mixed-media paintings for $150,000 apiece, including the 2009 Hers/Dirt/Two
- two thickly impastoed and scored 2010 “face” paintings by Mark Grotjahn — Untitled (Unmounted Face 41.01) and Untitled (Unmounted Face 41.02) — for $90,000 apiece. A larger Grotjahn in the backroom closet, Untitled (Cream Butterfly), sold for $200,000.
- Murakmi: Yume Lion, a unique and terribly cute sculpture in aluminum, bronze, steel with a Corian base went to a European collector for $1.3 million.
- Tatiana Trouve’s realistic-looking bronze mélange Rocks (2008-10) for €90,000 ($111,000).
Zeno X Gallery
- Mark Manders’ 2010 Unfired Clay Head, composed of wood, painted epoxy, iron, and offset print on paper, sold to a Great Britain–based collector for €50,000 ($61,600).
- Michael Borremans’ The Shoes (2008) and Girl with Feathers (2010), at €85,000 ($105,000) apiece,
- two untitled paintings by Johannes Kahrs at €85,000 ($105,000) and €50,000 ($61,600) respectively.
- two versions of a threatening-looking sculpture by the Puerto Rican duo Allora & Calzadilla for $55,000 each.
- two recent circular mirror pieces by Anish Kapoor in the £500,000 ($742,000) range, though the sculptures never got unpacked for viewing. One sold to a Swiss collector and the other to a buyer from South America
- Cory Arcangel’s 2010 PhotoShop CS, a large framed C-print abstraction for $34,000.
- Slip Ring (2010), a new kinetic work by the 31-year-old U.K.-based artist Haroon Mirza for a modest £8,000 ($11,900).
- Damien Hirst’s glitzy cabinet Memories of Love (2010), standing over five-feet-tall in stainless steel and glass with 6,000 glass-and-lab gemstones, sold for £2.35 million ($3.49 million).
- Luc Tuymans’ 2001 Rumour for $750,000
- Gary Hume’s 2009 View from a Balcony in gloss paint on aluminium for £125,000 ($185,000).
- Jeff Wall’s 2007 graveyard inkjet print piece Ossuary Headstone sold for $350,000 as well.