We’re launching a new program here at AMM to sell a range of research reports about the art market. There’s no better product to start with than our friends at Art Research Technologies and their report on the Latin American sales that take place later this week in New York. The report includes:
- including analysis of the category’s average prices and total sales since 2005;
- a series of graphs that delve into the broad category’s international composition and zoom in on the Latin nations whose artists are thriving;
- rankings of the top-selling Latin American artists, including a focus on the omnipotent Colombian auction star Fernando Botero;
- a guide providing at-a-glance information on the average prices and mid-estimates of artists being offered;
- and, Cover Lot Commentary on Wifredo Lam, the Cuban painter whose work is featured on the cover of Sotheby’s evening sale catalogue.
(The payment system is new. So if you have any problems, please don’t hesitate to contact us here.)