The Master, Judd Tully, keeps the sales information coming on ArtInfo.com:
- Jay Jopling’s White Cube also sold MoMA–feted artist Gabriel Orozco’s 2008 painting A Samuri Tree for $250,000.
- Anthony Gormley’s 75-inch-high steel Sublimate XXX figure, from 2009, for £250,000 ($376,000)
- A trio of rhinestone- and glitter-encrusted Raqib Shaw works on paper from 2009, including Self-Portrait as the Savior of the World, for $65,000 each.
- Rachel Kneebone’s impressive porcelain sculpture of entwined figures and floral elements, Et in Arcadia Ego, 2009, for $60,000.
- A major 1960 work by the late, great Ferus co-founder Edward Kienholz, Untitled (Piano with Keys), sold to Dallas collector Howard Rachofsky, who has promised his collection to the Dallas Museum. It sold just under the asking price of $200,000, according to Franklin Parrasch.
- The team also sold Robert Irwin’s Twin Towers, 1977, comprised of a black-and-white photograph of the vanished Manhattan landmark with an acetate overlay, for $50,000 to another collector with museum-donation plans
- Ed Moses Untitled graphite on paper from 1965 for $30,000; and a Billy Al Bengston painting, Dento, 1968, for $75,000.
- They also sold the flotilla of five Warhol Silver Clouds, including their original 1964 packaging, for $5,000 each.
A Corporate Aftertaste at Pier 94 but Helped by Ferus (ArtInfo.com)