The Art Newspaper tracked down deals at the piers late last week:
- White Cube reported sales including Damien Hirst’s Skull with Glass of Water, 2007, which went for £3.1m .
- Lisson gallery director Nicholas Logsdail […] sold the “seriously vintage” Two Black Squares by Art & Language, 1967, for £35,000
- Anish Kapoor’s Void, 1991, for £500,000.
- Jack Shainman had sold Nick Cave’s Birdbush, 2010, to a US collector for $75,000
- Lisa Spellman of 303 Gallery: Maureen Gallace including Sandy Road, 2009, for $47,000
- David Maupin of Lehmann Maupin: Nari Ward’s Toe, 2009, for $35,000 [to Beth Rudin de Woody]
- Thaddaeus Ropac: Antony Gormley’s 2010 sculpture, Aperture VII, for $350,000,
“Together We Are Stronger” (The Art Newspaper)