Bonham’s Old Master sale made £2,840,960 yesterday in London.
Other highlights of the sale include:
- Theobald Michau’s A winter landscape more than doubled the estimate of £50,000-80,000 to sell for £240,000
- François Boucher’s Les caresses dangereuses also performed well reaching £228,000 against an estimate of £80,000-120,000.
- an early 17th century painting by the Anglo Dutch School – a Portrait of two children, full-length, both in red costume which sold for £132,000 (estimate £40,000-60,000)
- a brace of paintings by Jan Wildens whose An elegant company departing for the hunt before an open landscape
- A river landscape achieving £126,000 (estimate £50,000-70,000).