Georgina Adam has a sale report from ArtInternational held in Istanbul last week:
- Andersson/Sandström: five sculptures of Assa Kauppi’s editioned “In Search of a Winner” (2013), showing a sulky petit rat sitting cross-legged on the floor, and priced at €42,000 each. Three went to local collectors. Andersson also sold two editions of Riitta Päiväläinen’s photographs of Nordic woodlands at €21,000 – again to local collectors.
- London’s Bischoff/Weiss sold two colourful Rana Begum wall pieces at £7,700 each
- Wendy Norris of San Francisco found a Saudi buyer for a group of photographs by the Mexican artist Julio César Morales ($25,000 for a group of five).
- Yvon Lambert: a Francesco Vezzoli sculpture, “Portrait of Sophia Loren as the Muse of Antiquity (After Giorgio de Chirico)” (2011), again to a local collector for €250,000.
- In Situ/Fabienne Leclerc: a carpet by Joana Hadjithomas and Khalil Joreige alluding to the Lebanese Rocket Society (responsible for producing the first rocket of the Arab world) sold for €22,000.
- Pace: pieces by Keith Coventry and Yoshitomo Nara were reported to have found new homes.
Prosperous on the Bosphorus (Financial Times)