Dealer Gary Nader discusses the future of the Latin American art market.
• The central importance of Latin America’s four global masters: Wifredo Lam, Joaquin Torres-Garcia, Fernando Botero and Roberto Matta.
• The history of the Latin American category, why it was invented and how the market needs to move beyond it.
• Museums of Latin American art and the museum infrastructure in Latin America.
• How Central and South American collectors view artists from their own countries and from other countries around the region.
• Who are the generation of artists who happen to be from Latin American countries but are now major global artists.
• The future of Cuban art and artists as the country opens itself to the US and the world.