Hauser & Wirth
- the gallery placed a series of works on paper by Cy Twombly (the whisper number on these works is $3.6m and Dmitry Rybolovlev was seen lingering over them for quite some time.)
- the gallery’s large Philip Guston priced at $6.5m was sold
- a small Alexander Calder work for $600,000
- a Takesada Matsutani Work-B-62 (1962) for $450,000
- a Fausto Melotti sculpture Little Museum on the Water (1979) for €300,000
- a Francis Picabia painting for $220,000
- two Marlene Dumas drawings for $45,000 each
- a Dieter Roth cheese painting for over half a million dollars.
- sold sculptures by Fischli / Weiss and Thomas Houseago (for $75,000)
- a Rodney Graham lightbox
- several works by Phyllida Barlow, including a small sculpture for £50,000
- a Jack Whitten work on canvas for $45,000
- a work on paper by Francis Picabia
- a small Berlinde de Bruyckere sculpture for EUR 130,000
- two Anj Smith paintings for GBP 60,000 each
- a Henry Moore bronze maquette for CHF 48,000
- a Josephsohn sculpture for CHF 45,000
- two neon works by Richard Jackson at USD 20,000 each
- sold Brice Marden’s “Elements V’ 1984 with an asking price of USD $5 million
- a work by Wayne Thiebauld with an asking price of USD $1.5 million
- a Franz Kline with an asking price of $9.5 million.
Sign up to Art Market Monitor Premium today
You need a membership to AMMpro to view this article and other exclusive content daily.
You can register today for $90 per month or $756 per year—with your first month free!
If you already have an account, sign in here: