The David Zwirner Gallery has released its sales highlights from FIAC:
- John McCracken’s “Flower,” a significant piece from 2008…the lavender 8-part resin and fiberglass work. Sold to a French collector. $600,000 USD.
- Flavin’s “untitled (to the citizens of the Republic of France on the 200th anniversary of their revolution) 1” from 1989, exhibited only once before at Leo Castelli’s gallery in NY the year it was made.Sold to an American collector. $550,000 USD.
- Donald Judd’s “Untitled (Menziken 86-23)” from 1986 sold to a Mexican collector. $450,000 USD.
- Donald Judd set of 10 woodcuts “Untitled (S. 157-166)” from 1988 (was on the outside wall of our booth). $180,000 USD. Sold to European collector.
- An early Dan Flavin drawing (from 1973) sold to a NY-based collector. $65,000 USD.