From today’s Bloomberg profile of David Zwirner, just a few data points:
- Zwirner had already sold 15 of Yuskavage’s 19 new paintings depicting large babies, strange landscapes and naked women — some with cream pies smashed on their faces — striking X-rated poses. Prices ranged from $60,000 to $460,000.
- Zwirner sold a new painting by Luc Tuymans for $900,000 last week.
- A recent show of Fred Sandback’s monumental yarn sculptures resulted in five sales ranging from $185,000 to $350,000.
- Zwirner recently brokered the sales of a $2 million painting by Martin Kippenberger, whose first U.S. retrospective is on view at the Museum of Modern Art
- a $1 million painting by Neo Rauch from 1998.